356. Theme 268 ~School~

Built in 1872, this school is believed to be the fifth one erected on Paramus Reformed Church ground. From 1730 to the 1870s, education was carried on by the church. Rented to Ridgewood Township, it became District School No. 45 from the 1870s to 1905. Since April 23, 1955 it has housed the museum of the Paramus Historical and Preservation Society.